Note: If your application is denied, you will have to wait a cool down period of 1 month before reapplying - make it count.
For all boxes that state 'Please be as detailed as possible', we need you to provide enough information about yourself so we can get a generic idea as to how well you would represent the Staff Team. We,(as the staff team) check chat logs, session times, overall server playtime and more - so please make your application honest.
The amount of effort put into your application will directly affect the chances of your application being accepted.
Please read all the rules below regarding your application. You will hear back from us within 24 hours of submitting your application on this page.
- You need to be active on the NexusNation Discord server. Please don't just join to sit in the AFK channel or in a channel on your own - participation is what we want to see from our members.
- We don't expect staff to "no life" the servers, however we prefer staff to be consistently active to a suitable standard. This applies to players before applying and staff.
- Donating to our servers. Money is great, and helps us out a lot. Donating will increase your chances as it shows you really do want to support our community. However, donating your time to play in our servers is also valuable to us.
- Be able to give and receive jokes and know when it's going too far. We're all mature here and our community loves to throw the odd banter at each other (even the staff team!), but you need to know when it is crossing the line.
- Familiarise yourself with our servers. We require our staff team to know the ins and outs of all our servers we host, this means branching out to servers you've never played before.
- Don't lie. What we hate most is people that try to lie their ways into the Staff Team. If you lie in your application, your application will be instantly denied. We have zero tolerance for people who try to lie to us . . .we don't lie to you.
- Having four or more days of playtime on our servers AND to have consistent playtime before submitting your application. This is important to us as it shows that you've been with us for some time and will have no problems meeting requirements. We feel that this isn't a hard requirement to meet, so we expect all players who apply for staff to meet this. All of these hours need to on the account you are applying with. You can find this information through the Information Portal on our website.
- We aim to be an age 16+ Staff Team for maturity reasons. This allows us to have a professional team and also have less to worry about school for more hours (under 16 will get instantly denied with few exceptions, which must be approved by a member of SMT first).
- We do not appreciate members applying with immature or rude names. We would advise to have a suitable name on Discord and Steam, otherwise your application may not have the greatest chance of being accepted.
- We request moderators put in a minimum of seven hours per week onto the servers to make sure all reports are handled and servers are kept in check.
- We need moderators to answer as many reports as possible and correctly mute, gag and ban at least 10 offending players each week.
- If steps 10 and 11 aren't met each week and your server activity is low (which we can check), then a warning would be given out and after two warnings you may be demoted.
- If you pass your trial period, but you are unable to meet the requirements for a week or so, we have a Leave Of Absence system (LOA), which is only to be used if you physically cannot get on your PC (i.e. holidays, moving house). If you put in an LOA and we then see you playing other games or on the servers, we expect you to still fulfil moderator duties and if not, your LOA would be deemed invalid and will result in a warning.